Infographic text included for screen readers:
How to Optimize Your Mobility Strategy
A look at the landscape
- The enterprise mobility global market is estimated at $886 billion by 2027 (up from $255 billion estimated pre-pandemic).
- 55% of executives expect to offer the option of working remotely at least one day a week beyond the COVID-19 crisis.
- 55% plan to give remote workers better hardware and equipment, while 53% plan to improve the mobile experience for work applications and data.
Why invest in modern mobility management?
Mobility is an essential technology investment that has become even more critical in recent months.
- Ensure employees are able to stay productive and engaged.
- Provide the connectivity and flexibility workers need today.
- Streamline workflows and processes and minimize manual needs with modern device provisioning.
- Simplify, consolidate and drive down overall costs.
- Compete effectively with agile companies and mobile-first leaders.
- Prepare for ever-increasing endpoints (e.g., IoT and Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered solutions).
Mobility can look like…
- Hybrid workplace — Having workplace flexibility to balance in-office and remote work experiences as needed per business, health and safety requirements.
- Remote work — Flexible scheduling, or work-from-home employees are able to connect to business systems and information with mobile technologies.
- Connected environments — Using mobile devices in retail, manufacturing, office or other workplaces to detect and prevent, and drive integrations, efficiency and revenue.
Full speed at 5G
- 5G is 10X faster than previous broadband speeds with latency at <1 millisecond.
- Most networks should have nationwide 5G coverage by the end of 2020.
- COVID-19 has accelerated 5G demand in key industries (online retail, manufacturing, healthcare).
What’s the impact?
- Faster mobile apps, better communication quality and more reliable video conferencing
- Accelerating the move to a value-based healthcare system that’s predictive and personalized
- Ushering in more immersive collaboration tools to unlock efficiencies and opportunities
“5G has the potential to be for the Fourth Industrial Revolution what the railways were for the first and second ones.” — World Economic Forum
A simpler way to manage all your endpoints
With 5G on the horizon and the number of devices continuing to grow exponentially, soon every business will need to have a sound endpoint management strategy in place.
Proper endpoint management implementation reduces the risk of cyberattacks by around 85%
- Enable work from anywhere, on any device
- Ensure a stronger endpoint security posture
- Modernize endpoint provisioning, deployment and app delivery
- Control costs through predictable, per-device monthly billing
Insight’s Managed Endpoint solution delivers all this and more. See an example of our work in action in the client story below.
A fast food company goes next-level
Challenge: The company had begun implementing a tablet device program but lacked the IT framework to seamlessly deploy devices, support employees or maximize the benefits of this new technology.
Solution: An optimized mobility strategy helped the company improve efficiency, enhance the customer experience and increase market share.
- Consultation and roadmap
- Device recommendations
- Deployment of 4,000+ devices to more than 850 restaurants worldwide
- Revamped deployment process
- Pilot mobility program design and implementation
- Devices with food safety, employee training and staffing management capabilities
Outcomes: From working with Insight experts, the company was able to revise and execute a mobility strategy that aligned with emerging business objectives.
- Consistently sufficient staffing
- Easier workforce management
- 24/7/365 end-user IT support
- Robust employee training capabilities
- Improved food safety
Factors to consider when optimizing a mobility strategy
- Stakeholder perspectives
- Costs and return on investment
- Information management
- Data flows and exchanges
- Governance and operating model
- Employee profiles and access needs
- Security and compliance
- Procurement and provisioning
- Device lifecycle management
- Vendors and service provider options
- Training and re-training
- Adoption and adherence
- Support for admins and end users
- Connectivity and network bandwidth
Yes, it’s a lot
Get help sussing out your mobility priorities and designing the optimal mobility program for your business. Speak with a mobility expert
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management, Bhat, M., Doheny, R., Silva, C., Smith, R. and Wilson, D., 2020, August 10.
Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (July 2020). Enterprise Mobility – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics. Researchandmarkets.com.
Harper, N. (2020, Aug. 10). 5G to Greatly Impact the Financial Services Industry. Credit Union Times.
PwC. (2020, June 25). When everyone can work from home, what’s the office for? PwC’s US Remote Work Survey. PwC.com.
World Economic Forum, in collaboration with PwC. (July 2020). 5G Outlook Series: The Impact of Mobile Technology on the Response to COVID-19. Weforum.org.
World Economic Forum, in collaboration with PwC. (September 2020). 5G Outlook Series: Transforming Essential Services for Economic Recovery in the Great Reset. Weforum.org.