Pain points for traditional batteries
Traditional lead-acid batteries can cause multiple pain points for customers and their businesses. Take a look at a few of the most common challenges customers face with lead-acid batteries:
- The weight and size of lead-acid batteries make UPS units difficult to install without two or more people and without the right equipment.
- Lead-acid batteries have an approximate lifespan of three to five years, meaning you will have to replace them often and risk UPS failures and extended downtime.
- For businesses with multiple distributed locations with IT systems, maintaining an inventory of short-life acid batteries is costly and time-consuming.
Benefits of APC Smart-UPS batteries
APC Smart-UPS products offer many solutions to keep your organization reliably connected.
- 3x the battery life: APC Smart-UPS lithium-ion batteries can last up to 10 years, with the three times the battery life of traditional lead-acid batteries, and can save up to 50% on the total cost of ownership.
- Easy to install: APC lithium-ion products can be up to 75% smaller and up to 65% lighter than lead-acid batteries, making installation faster and easier than ever.
- Visibility anywhere: All APC lithium-ion products come with software and network management card connections to monitor energy consumption or shut down safely in the event of an extended power outage.
The APC difference
APC award-winning Smart-UPS is the most popular UPS in the world for servers, storage and network power protection.
Plus, all APC Smart-UPS Lithium-ion are EcoStruxure-ready and include a SmartConnect ethernet port, giving customers secure access to basic monitoring they can use to make proactive hardware decisions and maximize uptime. They can also upgrade to our more advanced EcoStruxure IT Expert software, which enables them to connect and monitor their entire network of mixed IT environments. EcoStruxure gives your customers time to focus on business growth instead of business downtime.
Finally, every Smart-UPS Lithium-ion unit is backed by a five-year warranty, so your customer has the peace of mind knowing that APC is there to support them should they have any issues.