Infographic text included for screen readers:
Is SD-WAN right for me?
Organizations are shifting from Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) to hybrid WAN architectures, using Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) to provision and manage the WAN environment.
According to Gartner analysts:
More than 50% of WAN edge infrastructure refresh initiatives will be based on SD-WAN versus traditional routers by 2020.
Examples of benefits you can achieve with Cisco SD-WAN:
- 80% reduction in cost/Mbps
- $20 million savings in Operating Expenses (OpEx)
- 5x improvement in Office 365® performance
- 100% application uptime during network failures
- 4x improvement in application latency
- 12x improvement in change control time
- Increased bandwidth and predictable, increased performance
- Reduced WAN expenses
- Optimized cloud access for a better user experience
- Reliable application performance and availability
- Greater agility
- Advanced threat protection
- A resilient network
What else should I know?
MPLS can’t keep up with changes in technology.
- 80% of organizations will primarily use the public cloud by 2019
- 10 billion devices will be mobile-connected by 2019.
- 30 billion Internet of Things (IoT) devices will be connected to the internet by 2020.
- Up to 50% is expected as the annual increase in enterprise bandwidth and video adoption.
- 20–50% increase in enterprise bandwidth is expected per year through 2018.
- 73% growth in mobile devices will be the reality between 2014 and 2018.
- 90% of revenue is generated in the branch.
- 80% of users are served by the branch office.
- 30% of advanced threats will target branch offices by 2016 (up from 5%).
MPLS can’t provide the bandwidth and security you need to keep pace with rapid advances in technology. SD-WAN enables you not just to do more with less, but also to transform the way you do business.
Cisco-powered, cloud-managed SD-WAN delivers an end-to-end secure platform across the WAN, data center and cloud.
Source: Skorupa, Joe; Lerner, Andrew; Canales, Christian. Forecast: SD_WAN and Its Impact on Traditional Router and MPLS Services Revenue, Worldwide; Nov. 7, 2016. https://www.gartner.com/dac/3505022/forecast-sdwan-impact-traditional-router (accessed December 19, 2017)