Infographic: Cisco Umbrella Cisco Powered Security
According to 600 individuals from Small to Medium Businesses (SMBs), the average amount spent in the aftermath of a cyberattack or data breach was more than $2 million per year. Discover how Cisco Umbrella™ helps strengthen business security with built-in data protection.
Accessibility note: The infographic is translated below the graphic.
Infographic text included for screen readers:
Cisco Umbrella with Cisco-powered security can help protect your business from online threats.
The cybercrime threat landscape
According to 600 individuals in companies with a headcount of less than 100 and up to 1,000 participating in a recent survey on cybersecurity:
- The average annual amount spent in the aftermath of a cyberattack or data breach: $2,235,018
- The average number of records compromised in a data breach: 9,350
- Ransomware increased from 2% to 52%.
- 53% of those victims were targets of ransomware two or more times.
More cause for concern of these same 600 individuals:
- 61% say their business was a victim of cyber attack (up from 55%).
- 54% say a negligent employee or contractor was the root cause of their data breaches (up from 48%).
- 33% say an external hacker was responsible for their data breaches (up from 27%).
- 32% don’t know the root cause of their data breaches (same as the previous year).
- And if that’s not enough, of these same 600 individuals:
- 66% say exploits and malware evaded their intrusion detection system (up from 57%).
- 81% say their anti-virus solutions failed (up from 76%).
Cisco Umbrella is a cloud security service that provides built-in protection for your internet service.
- Provides protection against threats on the internet, such as malware and phishing attacks
- Helps keep your organization safe by delivering clean traffic, reducing the chances of a breach
- Blocks threats over all ports and protocols, even direct-to-IP connections, for the most comprehensive coverage
- With built-in protection to your internet service, you can mitigate the time and cost spent dealing with malware infections and receive better protection against threats.
- You can be confident that with a clean pipe, your business is protected with a first layer of defense against malware.
- Enjoy enterprise-wide deployment in minutes. It requires no additional hardware or software, and does not add latency or compromise performance.
Cisco Umbrella with Cisco-powered security runs on a global network with:
- 125 billion daily internet requests
- 85 million users
- 26 datacenters worldwide
- More than 500 partnerships with top ISPs & CDNs
- More than 7 million destinations enforced concurrently