Case Study Ensuring SharePoint Success
A leading retail vending company in the Chicago area requested an audit and review of their IT change management processes. While conducting the audit, the client added an additional request to manage the implementation of a SharePoint Portal to manage all IT change requests.
The client engaged Insight to help accomplish the following objectives:
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend platforms and best practices to standardize and automate their business workflows and change management governance.
- Identify and document the change management inconsistencies between IT teams in order to formulate standards across the entire IT organization
- Review SharePoint Infrastructure to determine requirements to build a change management form and workflow processes
Insight successfully managed the following deliverables:
- Provided a dedicated Project Manager, who performed the audit, documented GAP results, created recommendations for standards, and managed SharePoint Portal and Workflow creation
- Documented and reviewed the current IT change management processes and policies and identified gaps and inconsistencies against ITIL best practices
- Recommended modifications to the change management process and policies
- Implemented a SharePoint Portal including an IT change request form, report structure and automated workflow process