InfographicThe Healthcare IT Journey
A growing number of healthcare organizations are leveraging emerging technologies to create care models that are more patient-centered. Explore 7 key stops on the consumer-driven healthcare IT journey.
1. Patient experience
The ultimate barometer for measuring the efficacy of a solution
How organizations plan to boost patient experience:
- 40% will use devices to gather real-time patient feedback.
- 69% will develop patient portals for medical records and appointments.
- 70% will implement analytics to monitor patient experience performance.
Automated routine tasks reduce wait times and empower clinicians with accurate, up-to-the minute health data.
Factors patients rated as very important for a positive experience:
- 43% say length of time spent in the waiting room
- 58% say the amount of time with their doctor
- 65% say the doctor’s ability to access their medical history
Empowers clinicians with real-time access to patient data at the point-of-care
- 46% of North American organizations have adopted mobile solutions.
- Another 13% have plans for future adoption.
4. Data management
Necessary to store and access patient information securely, maintain regulatory compliance and ensure interoperability with existing systems
The global healthcare cloud computing market is expected to nearly triple its value between 2015 and 2020 to $9.49 billion.
Optimizes resource use and supports future IT solutions
"Upgrading existing hardware and software and integrating applications without threatening core architecture are the top challenges for roughly one-half of IT personnel in large organizations.” — 2017 Insight Intelligent Technology Index™
Ensures IT networks and endpoints are protected from cyberthreats
- 88% of healthcare manufacturers have had malware infections.
- 96% of ransomware affecting healthcare organizations targeted medical treatment centers.
- Over 50% of the healthcare industry has a network security score of a C or lower.
Every healthcare organization can use a little extra support from time to time. By connecting with IT providers like Insight, healthcare organizations can partner with IT experts to implement Intelligent Technology Solutions™.
The Harris Poll. (2016, Jan. 20). Satisfaction With Doctor Visits on the Rise.
HealthLeaders Media. (August 2016). Patient Experience Excellence: Transforming Culture Across the Continuum.
Market Insight Group. (May 2017). 2017 Insight Intelligent Technology Index.
Marketsandmarkets.com. (June 2015). Healthcare Cloud Computing Market by Application (PACS, EMR, CPOE, RCM, Claims Management), Deployment (Private, Public), Service (SaaS, IaaS), Pricing (Pay as You Go), & by End-User (Providers, Payers) - Analysis and Global Forecasts to 2020.
SecurityScorecard. (October 2016).
2016 Annual Healthcare Industry Cybersecurity Report. Spiceworks. (2017). The 2017 State of IT.