Infographic text included for screen readers:
VMware: We’re Making the Hybrid Cloud Real
VMware, the leader in private cloud, introduces the software-defined data center (SDDC) running on Amazon Web Services (AWS), the world’s most popular, trusted and robust public cloud. VMware Cloud on AWS seamlessly integrates the public cloud with on-premises infrastructure for fast, frictionless hybrid cloud adoption.
Our vision: An operationally consistent hybrid cloud management experience for rapid time to value.
Run the broadest range of apps, including virtualized, packaged and containerized apps, on VMware vSphere, vSAN, NSX and vCenter Management platforms.
Experience intelligent operations and automation across both vSphere-based private clouds and VMware Cloud on AWS with support for the industry-leading VMware Cloud Management Platform. Staff retraining won’t be necessary, since this solutions runs on tools vSphere administrators already know, such as vCenter, vSphere API, PowerCLI and modern HTML5-based vSphere Client. Plus, get infrastructure lifecycle management delivered as a turnkey service from VMware with support for industry-leading VMware Cloud Management Platform technologies.
Enterprise-grade capabilities for a broad range of apps
- Predictable and optimized elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure running on vSphere, the most trusted virtualization platform.
- Proven, high-performance, enterprise-class storage delivered through VMware vSAN, the leading software for hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Automate network and security services and policies, consistent with on premises.
- Simplified disaster protection and readiness, cloud-delivered.
- Seamless access to native AWS services to enable an integrated approach to application modernization.
- Choice of flexible consumption models including hourly on-demand and subscription terms.
Designed for the enterprise
- Regional capacity or geo expansion: Easily deploy VMware SDDC into your choice of AWS Cloud regions over time, without needing to wait long cycles for hardware procurement and configuration.
- Disaster recovery: Simplify disaster protection with support for proven, cloud-optimized VMware technologies, using familiar VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Application migration: Extend on-premises data centers, easing migration of application workloads from on premises to VMware Cloud on AWS without converting machine images or re-architecting application.
- Data center consolidation: Consolidate multiple data centers into VMware Cloud on AWS with speed and consistency.
- Development and test: Deliver CMware SDDC-consistent test/dev environments with the ability to integrate with modern CI/CD automation tools.
- Cyclical or burst capacity: Spin up incremental capacity to handle seasonal or project-specific needs on an on-demand basis.