Infographic: Key Findings From the Symantec Threat Report
With downloader variants up 92% and new malware up 80%, how are today’s businesses transforming to defend against cyberattacks? View the infographic to get a quick look at some of the key findings from Symantec’s 2018 Internet Security Threat Report — and see what trends your company should prepare for.
Accessibility note: The infographic is translated below the graphic.
Block advanced threats.
Insight and Symantec use intelligence simulations and monitoring to help you detect, assess and respond to threats.
Infographic text included for screen readers:
Key Findings From the Symantec Threat Report
Infrastructure attacks, stealthy mining — threats go big and small. Cyber criminals are rapidly adding cryptojacking to their arsenal, creating a highly profitable new revenue stream as the ransomware market becomes overpriced and overcrowded, according to Symantec’s Annual Threat Report. Here are some of the numbers:
- 92% increase in new downloader variants
- 80% increase in new malware
- 8,500% increase in coinminer detections
- 2016 percentage spam rate of 53%
- 2017 percentage spam rate of 55%
- 5.4B WannaCry attacks blocked
- 46% increase in new ransomware variants
- 600% increase in attack on the Internet of Things (IoT)
- 13% overall increase in reported vulnerabilities
- 29% increase in Industrial Control System (ICS) related vulnerabilities
- 1 in 13 web requests lead to malware, up 3% from 2016.