Infographic: Is SD-WAN Right for Me?
Cisco® Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) is helping businesses reduce costs while boosting network performance. See the measurable benefits of migrating from Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) to SD-WAN.
Accessibility note: The infographic is translated below the graphic.
Transform your network.
See how Insight and Cisco can help your organization achieve greater agility, security and performance across your infrastructure.
Infographic text included for screen readers:
Is SD-WAN right for me?
Organizations are shifting from MPLS to Hybrid WAN architectures, using Software Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) to provision and manage the WAN environment.
According to Gartner analysts:
More than 50% of WAN edge infrastructure refresh initiatives will be based on SD-WAN versus traditional routers by 20201
Examples of benefits you can achieve with Cisco SD-WAN
- 80% Reduction in cost/Mbps
- $20 Million savings in operating expenses (OpEx)
- 5x Improvement in Office 365 performance
- 100% Application uptime during network failures
- 4x improvement in application latency
- 12x improvement in change control time
- SD-WAN increases bandwidth and provided predictable, increased performance
- Reduces WAN expenses while increasing bandwidth
- Offers optimized cloud access for a better user experience
- Delivers reliable application performance and availability
- Provides greater agility
- Affords advanced threat protection
- Ensures a resilient network
What else should I know?
MPLS can’t keep up with changes in technology
- 80% of organizations will primarily use public cloud by 2019
- 10 Billion mobile-connected devices by 2019
- 30 Billion IoT devices will be connected to the internet by 2020
- Up to 50% is expected as the annual increase in enterprise bandwidth and video adoption
- 20 - 50% Increase in enterprise bandwidth per year through 2018
- 73% Growth in mobile devices from 2014 – 2018
- 90% Of revenue is generated in the branch
- 80% Of users are served by the branch office
- 30% Of advanced threats will target branch offices by 2016 (up from 5%)
MPLS can’t provide the bandwidth and security you need to keep pace with rapid advances in technology.
SD-WAN enables you to not just do more with less, but to transform the way you do business.
Cisco Powered Cloud Managed SD-WAN delivers an end-to-end secure platform across the access, WAN, data center and cloud.
Call us today to schedule a meeting and find out if SD-WAN is right for you.
1Skorupa, Joe; Lerner, Andrew; Canales, Christian. Forecast: SD_WAN and Its Impact on Traditional Router and MPLS Services Revenue, Worldwide; November 7, 2016. https://www.gartner.com/dac/3505022/forecast-sdwan-impact-traditional-router (accessed December 19, 2017)