InfographicTop 10 Things to Know About Subscribing to Autodesk
In this infographic, explore the top 10 things to know about moving to an Autodesk® subscription and discover how to get greater access and flexible control over the innovative Autodesk tools.
Accessibility note: The infographic is translated below the graphic.
Infographic text included for screen readers:
Make the move to subscription
Get greater value when you subscribe
The Move to Subscription Offer gives customers with eligible products on maintenance plan the opportunity to switch to subscription for a discounted price at the time of renewal.
Key benefits of subscription
- Greater Access - Enjoy broad access to the latest innovations in tools, technologies and services to fit your needs.
- Flexible Control - Better manage users and costs by providing access to the right products and updates when your team needs them.
- Valuable Insights - Evaluate and analyze product usage, spending, productivity and future needs with reporting tools and alerts.
Enhanced technical support
- By moving to subscription, you get to receive all the great benefits you have while on maintenance, plus even faster and easier help when you need it.
- Now you can schedule calls with technical support specialists to help resolve issues for no additional fee.
Previous versions usage rights
- In most cases you can continue to use versions of software downloaded and activated under your maintenance plan after switching to a subscription.
Cost advantages for early birds
- The earlier you switch to a subscription, the more you’ll save compared to those who stay on a maintenance plan.
- Maintenance plan prices will increase 10% after May 7 2018, and 20% after May 7 2019.
- Also, the discount to switch will decrease by 5% in May 2018 and another 5% in May 2019.
Secure discounted pricing
- Pay one year at a time with an annual contract and secure special pricing for up to 3 years (when you switch to subscription before May 2019).
- Or pay upfront with a multi-year contract.
- Benefit from lower prices than a new subscription or a maintenance plan renewal price (in most cases) for as long as you renew.
Don’t lose your special pricing advantage
- You need a current maintenance plan to be eligible for this offer.
- If you let it expire and later decide to subscribe to Autodesk products, you will need to pay full price for a new subscription.
- Not ready to switch? Renew your maintenance plan and choose to switch when you are ready. Continue to enjoy benefits granted to you via your maintenance plan.
Choose your switch path wisely
- This offer is applicable once per product that is switched.
- Make sure you choose the right product when switching.
- If you think you’ll need two or more products that are currently in one of the industry collections, you’ll get the most savings and greatest value when you switch to an industry collection through this offer.
Your data is yours
- Your data remains your proprietary information – even after your subscription expires.
- Any files and data created using products while on a maintenance plan continue to be available after you switch to subscription.
- Where you store your data (cloud or your local machine) is up to you.
Desktop apps vs cloud-based apps
- Desktop applications on subscription (as well as associated user data) continue to be stored on your local machine.
- Cloud service applications are run in the cloud.
On or offline use
- Subscriptions with single-user and multi-user access require an Internet connection for the initial download and installation.
- After the software and license are activated, subscriptions with single-user access require an Internet connection just once every 30 days to continue using the product.